Parts zinc plated, gears and linkages lubricated and tested.
Cleaned, painted and tested.
I removed the dash and labeled the wire loom, quite a job! The wire loom still has to be removed from the car, this is a bit difficult due to the small hole in the firewall through wich the loom has to be pulled. The wire loom is in a bit of a bad shape, I’ll have to see if I’m going to fix it or go the lazy and expensive path and buy a new one.
The removing more parts process is going pretty fast as it is a not very difficult job. The most important thing is to make pictures and label everything. Removing the engine will be easy with this much space in the engine bay. I also did some labeling of the main wire loom.
Removed the fuel tank. No rust to be found here.
The doors are also stripped and removed. No rust to be found here.
Due to a tip on http://www.volvokv.nl I read that the shock towers of the front suspension are prone to cracking with higher mileages. I found that this car has allready been repaired, some welds are visible along with an extra reinforced piece of metal on top of the towers. Thats a good thing.