As I am finished with removing of all the tectyl and sanding down the car (including doors, trunk and hood lid) it was time to bring it to the guys who will sandblast the car and repair the rust and old badly done repairs which where buried below layers of filler.
So pulled it out of my garage for the last time for transport. Much of the car has been sanded down to bare metal. As I said, I found some rust and old bad damage repairs (probably done in bondo-USA..) below the layers of paint and filler, which need attention.
Doors, trunk and hood lid sanded down to bare metal.
Door skin of both doors are pretty much banged up, so I got some NOS door panel skins for a very good price from http://www.volvokv.nl.
I also found 2 new panels to repair the rust in the rear fender in front of the rear wheels, both sided. Bought at www.vp-autoparts.com.
As I said in a previous post, the upper panel on the nose is also damaged so I got a good 2nd hand replacement part.
Furthermore there are 2 more damages which will probably need new panels, so I’m still looking replacement panels for this. Damage on the LH FWD side and RH fender:
The floorpanels where the last parts where I had to remove some tectyl, so from now on no more scraping ;).
Picked up a trailer (had to remove the security first..)
Pulling it on the deck
Tied it down
Tight fit, luckily I measured the width of the trailer and my driveway before 😉
And dropped it off at the bodywork garage. It was a bit strange to leave it behind, but it’s near my folks home so I will take a look often to see the progress. Well see how it goes and if the guys are going to find more rusty stuff or old damages or something like that. Ofcourse I hope not, but you never know with a car of 50 years old.