I picked up a restoration stand today. It looks sturdy enough. It’s missing a long steel tube to connect the two curved tubes, so I’ll have to find something which will fit.
Lots of space in the 940 😉
I started to disassemble the car, as the car has to be stripped completely to get it sand blasted and painted. I removed some parts under the hood (and the hood itself) to prepare for engine and transmission removal. I also removed some parts from the exterior (chrome strips, grille, bumpers, rear and front lights etc) and interior and making lots of pictures in the process, as all this has also have to be put together again, some day.
The car in my small garage.
I put it on stands, looks kinda like a spaceship from Star Wars now.
So it needs to be scratched. I started (as a sort of trial to see how though the undercoating is) with removing some coating at the inside of the RH front fender. The car had been treated with a coating on the under- and inside of the car somewhere in the early ’00’s. This means lots of extra work all around the car…