Wrecked a drum

As I am disassembling all parts of the suspension for cleaning and painting, the rear axle was next: removing the drums, brakes, bearings and check the spicer gears.

As the axle is loose from the car and sometimes extreme forces are necessary to remove the drums, it’s a bit difficult to counter the force to tighten the drum puller.DSC_0788

It was just too tight. I used a 1,5m long pipe on the wrench, and for several days, heated the drum, banged it with a hammer, but no help. At some time during the rampage the drum began to tear apart…

Then, as I allready wrecked the drum, I used a large Kukko puller and this did the trick. Installed the puller again, Heated it up again, and threw a bucket of cool water over the thing. A minute later there was a big BANG and finally it was gave way. The other side came of pretty easy.

DSC_0883

DSC_1023 (Small)DSC_1041 (Small)

Disassembled and cleaned rear axle

DSC_1074 (Small)

Also started with the fuel tank

DSC_1068 (Small)

And out comes an almost new fuel tank

DSC_1072 (Small)

Cleaning up the oil pressure transmitter

DSC_0995DSC_1001

A piece of art

DSC_1011 DSC_1013

Advertentie

2 gedachten over “Wrecked a drum

Laat een reactie achter op volvo1800s Reactie annuleren

Vul je gegevens in of klik op een icoon om in te loggen.

WordPress.com logo

Je reageert onder je WordPress.com account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Twitter-afbeelding

Je reageert onder je Twitter account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Facebook foto

Je reageert onder je Facebook account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Verbinden met %s