Removed ceiling and windscreens

First removed the windscreens and then the ceiling. The ceiling I removed with the help of my brother, this was quite the painstaking job, as the ceiling will damage very easy. The wood all around is 47 years old and consists of 2 layers of fine wood, this because it has to be flexible to fit in the curves of the roof. Between the two layers of wood, there is a fine layer of glue. This glue has been deteriorated after 47 years of service and can easily let go of the wood is forced into bends too much. Luckily we removed it almost completely intact. The ceiling does need some attention, because it is a bit dusty and old. Maybe treat the wood with some sort of wood-dye and paint the ceiling? I still have to find out how to do this. Again, luckily there is lots of info to be found on the web about this.

The windscreens where also an easy job. We just found some more small rusty spots hiding behind the windscreen rubbers. Again a good indication that this is the right time to restore the car! Next time I will make a summary of the rusty spots wich are now visible.

AfbeeldingAfbeelding

The sunshades are also worn. I read some articles about how to restore them. Apparently you can cut them open and fill them with some sort of foam wich will harden up. This way you can give the sunshades their original form back again. Also see: http://volvo1800s.up2dateprojecten.nl/restauratie/zonnekleppen-ontroesten/

Afbeelding

Here you can see a small damage, the wood has cracked a bit. Not a big problem I guess.

AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding

Advertenties

Geef een reactie

Vul je gegevens in of klik op een icoon om in te loggen.

WordPress.com logo

Je reageert onder je WordPress.com account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Google+ photo

Je reageert onder je Google+ account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Twitter-afbeelding

Je reageert onder je Twitter account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Facebook foto

Je reageert onder je Facebook account. Log uit /  Bijwerken )

Verbinden met %s